Monday, November 14, 2011

Inquisitor of the Ordos Xenos

+++ TO: All Citizens of Formosa
+++ FROM: Inquisitor Astoraga Cespedes
+++ SUBJECT: Data entry for query into the Ordos Xenos


I love the concept of the Ordos Xenos and I also love conversion beamers. This led me to converting up a Xenos Inquisitor with one. The plan, stick him at the back of the board in a Purgation Squad and use Astral Aim to let him snipe all around the board through any terrain within a measly 72". I know they get the 4+ cover, but it seems like all my target always have that or are out of sight. At least the jump-fire-jump Tau will actually have to roll some saves now.

Another option is to also beef up the squad with a Techmarine with a second conversion beamer, also able to see through walls like superman. 2 Shots a turn, both blasts, both BS4 and hopefully in 12
" of a servo skull for the scatter reduction.

Has anyone tried this?

Here is the conversion in progress on the Xeno Inquis. He is made of the IG command frame sniper and a really old conversion beamer from the chaos marine special weapons frame. The wind swept head was found in my fantasy bits box, and it's probable Empire or Bretonnia. I still need to load him up with Xeno Inquisty bits like scrolls, skulls, eldar symbols, etc.





+++ END TRANSMISSION




No comments:

Post a Comment