Monday, October 10, 2011

Acolytes with Storm Bolters

+++ TO: All Citizens of Formosa
+++ FROM: Inquisitor Astoraga Cespedes
+++ SUBJECT: Data entry for Inscripti
on of Acolytes

These are the meat & potatoes acolytes who carry around over-sized storm bolters. Again, a mix of the IG kits with bits from 40k and fantasy. I actually start this set with the custom standard bearer of Coteaz. The banner itself is just a bit of photoshop work printed up on card. I will put some paint to it so it blends when it's on the table. Most of the storm bolters are from the Space Wolves though some are just a mix and match from other kits. All the scroll and book hands are WHFB bits but I think they really add that inquisition feel to these fellas.

I also did some pose experimentation as you will notice, including the guy kneeling and reverence and the dude who looks really odd trying to toss a 'nade. Oh well, win some, lose some, but overall I'm happy with them and can't wait to get some paint on them.









+++ END TRANSMISSION

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying the blog. Awesome looking force you're putting together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I hope to have more coming up as I have my 1st game with these guys this Friday. Hoping to photo the game and get a BatRep up as well.

    ReplyDelete