Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Not-so-Grey Knights

+++ TO: All Citizens of Formosa
+++ FROM: Inquisitor Astoraga Cespedes
+++ SUBJECT: Data entry for possible Grey Knight assistance


I started base coating my acolytes
and other models, but I wanted a consistent color scheme to run across the entire army. I had been building some GK and Termies and I decided to paint a standard GK first to establish the look I wanted.

I decided to go with two difficult colo
rs, red (more maroon) and white. This is one of my 1st attempts at painting pure white, and man is it' a pain in the ass. I like the end result of the colors, I just need to figure on how to get the white thinner, as it came out gloppy and textured. I tried watering it down, but it basically became a wash. I need to find that magical consistency to layer it up I guess. Shame patience is not my best virtue.

Things that are missing are the small details of the eye highlights, the name plate, battle damage, weathering and the force weapon effect. The force weapon will use that bright purple rather than the standard ice blue.



At least now that I have my colors I can start on my acolytes. Though they will be more red (maroon) and black.

+++ END TRANSMISSION


No comments:

Post a Comment